Friday, September 19, 2014

catching up

Sorry I went missing for so long. I decided to go back to college and then I injured my back. I unfortunately did not photograph everything like I was before. Here is what happened to all my stuff:
My strawberries have moved outside and are doing well. My fruits are getting bigger. Not sure what I will do with it this winter.
 yummy!
 I planted a sensitive plant. It really moves when you touch it.
 Trying to see if I can grow some goji berries...

 This one was growing on the side of the pod so I just carefully picked it up and planted it. The aerogarden loves to hare its light! It is a sensitive plant. In the video you can hear my 3 year old say it fell asleep!
 Planted the Goji berry plant outside because it was getting big.
 Trimmed my strawberry plant.
 I removed the base of my aerogarden and it is a perfect grow light for  couple things.
 Remember the tomatoes I started growing? They were moved outside and are doing better. First harvest!
 Planted some lettuce again.
 I love my little tomatoes. Taste the same as regular tomatoes but they are little. My nephew loves them and eats them like candy!
 This year I decided to put some milkweed in my aerogarden. I found some caterpillars and decided to save them. The monarch population really needs some help! The season has ended now but looking forward to next year. I had dozens of monarchs!
 I placed this one on my potted strawberries. These are the ones I grew in my aerogarden. Sure need to clear out the dead leaves.
Here I took the milkweed from the aerogarden and put them in a pot. These monarchs were hanging out for a while. It was lots of fun to have them.
That's it. It has been some fun busy months with me and my aerogardens.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me how you planted the seeds in the aerogarden. How did you plant in the cones. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete