Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pineapple Plant

I wanted to try something fun with my boys. We got two pineapple tops from a friend. Make sure you get all the pineapple bits off and leave the core and leaves. I covered the bottom set of leaves with water and added the liquid food from a grow anything kit. It wasn't pretty or anything. But they were under the light of the aero garden and constant water. After three months they got a great set of roots. 
You should remove all those leaves on the bottom that have browned. It hard and I gave up. Then I planted them in a pot. 
They look really good. Very little dead spots. Here is a month later. I did forget to water them in a very hot sunny day so their tips dried out a bit. They are still growing though. They are outside now as I am on to my next project. I should cut off the dead tips I just haven't gotten to them yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment