Monday, March 24, 2014

Bee Garden update

After almost two months of salad greens my Mom decided she needed to get started on her tomatoes! She always spent money getting decent sized tomato plants to put out in the spring. We live in Iowa so our spring right now is cold. It snowed today and the high tomorrow is 20 degrees. So while many places around the country are planting outdoors we are starting seedlings indoors. I told her this year we would do tomatoes on the aerogarden! So with my grow anything seed kit(love it!) I was able to plant some tomato seeds! In a month when the weather warms up she will have healthy good sized tomato plants!
 First I lifted the top completely off. See the nasty buildup on the bottom? Yuck.
 Took the whole bowl out and most of that gunk came right off. I didn't have to scrub it or anything.  Then planted some tomato seeds. Nothing major. I did forget to put in the paper labels. I know it helps when they are seedlings but once the plants mature it doesn't matter.


I carefully placed 3 seeds in each pod and told my Mom we could buy some jiffy cups and when we pull out some seedlings she can have a couple more sharing the aerogarden's light!

No comments:

Post a Comment